Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tres!

David and I hit our 3-year mark on May 22.

(Huzzah!)

We celebrated with a trip to Vegas - or rather, just north of Vegas, camping in the Valley of Fire state park.

I love this place.  This was Memorial Day weekend, and over 2 million of our LA neighbors were on the road with us - except they all stopped when we hit Vegas, so we basically had the park to ourselves.
David also took the opportunity to make one of my dreams come true - a dream that has been on my "things I MUST do" list since I was in college. (Yeah, that was over a decade ago.  Suddenly I feel old.)





Here's the card he gave me:










The inside had a sweet message, but every time there was an "O" in a word, it was written in red.









If you know me, you already know what he was giving me.


















"O" yes.

















Rather than try to describe the awesomeness that is this show, I direct you HERE for the trailer.  I could try to put it into words, but that just wouldn't be fair.




After the show, we hit up a buffet, because we were in Vegas and that's just what you do when you're in Vegas.

I so deeply love this man.  During that week I spent some time intentionally bringing to mind all the little things about him that I love, and it just filled me with such a rush of gratitude for his very presence in my world.  I’m grateful to him for loving me the way he loves me.  For loving me at all.  I cannot say that I wasn’t happy before he came along – I was actually leading a very happy and fulfilling life.  But looking back, I wasn’t complete.  Nor was my happiness.  I never could have imagined what was missing in order to wish for it.  But what was missing was David, and when I found him, I knew.


Happy anniversary, David!

No comments: