Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Run Amuck

Just coming up for some air before finals begin.

I would like to give you a taste of what happens around here during finals.  

Well...every teacher (almost) has some kind of project, paper, or presentation that is due within a week of finals.  These are often group projects and are always a big deal.  I've heard from various academia-based counterparts who are getting their degrees in other things, and I guess they typically only have either a paper/project or a final at the end of the semester, but certainly never both.  Not so here at Kogod.  Despite these big projects, many of which are due on the day of the final, every single class has a final.  That means two big papers done by me alone, another big one done in a group, a business case presentation, and five finals.  All to be completed between last Thursday and next Tuesday.  Giddyup.

That's the recipe for sleep deprivation.  Even if you don't factor in certain newly-added outside-of-school events that may or may not also be keeping me up late.

May 6 will be a glorious day.  

But on a more fun note, and just to show the world that I can still manage to have fun despite the insanity, David and I ran a 5K on Saturday.  But this is not your average run-of-the-mill 5K.  This was the Run Amuck mud run - hilly trails, scaling walls, climbing over bales of hay, and running through the muddy lake - all ours.  We owned it.  

Our only complaint was that the lake washed off most of the mud.  We were hoping for a messier finish.

7 comments:

David Chipman said...

It's too bad we didn't capture either of my glorious face plants into the lake! I guess the secret to staying extremely muddy is no mid-course baths. I'll cross that off next year's agenda. There, it's gone- but I'm leaving in the next one- "wear costume and share more mud."

Jason and Dana said...

Hahaha, what's with the "In My Dreams I'm Kenyan" t-shirt? Did you plant that in that picture? I can't imagine many people but you doing that race. What a wonderful life you live.
May 6th I'm calling you. But last night my May 6 final teacher told us that if we bomb the final she won't make us lose the grade we've earned all year. So HOPEFULLY I'm keeping my A! Woooo. I might get all A's this semester actually-first time ever in my college career.

Leslie said...

Fun! It looks like you guys had a great time. I've always wanted to do a mud run! Maybe that'll be one of the goals I set upon my return to the U.S. of A. Maybe I'll just join you guys next spring in D.C. and we can do it together. ;-)

Emily said...

Um...don't think you can be all evasive and sneaky in your posts and not think I'll pick up on it! "may or may not" have other things keeping you up? Ha! I'm picking up what your putting down!

Also, I feel your pain 100%. I'm currently taking a break from my paper that I have been working on non-stop for the past...um...I don't even know how many days. What day is it anyway? Everything is just one big blur!

I can't wait to see you in TWO WEEKS-ish (depending on what day it is today, which I am unsure of....regardless, it's soon!)

Okay...back to my paper sigh.

I'll pray for you.

--Em (aka Princess)

David and Debby said...

Nice bunion!
Dad

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

abbynormal said...

Thanks for the input...but I'm not really trying to attract any more readers outside of the ones I know already read it.