Thursday, April 09, 2009

Only took me four years...

...but I finally got to see the cherry blossoms (not at night or in the rain) around the Tidal Basin!  
My friend Jen and I decided to take advantage of the fact that they hadn't all blown away yet, so on the morning of Conference Saturday we did a lap around the basin and checked out the parade in fast-forward.  It felt weird not being a volunteer this year.  I almost wore my "Volunteer" shirt so I could take extra liberties with crossing the streets and ordering people around and such.  
In short - it was beautiful.  
Breathtaking.  
Everything I ever hoped for and dreamed of.  
Can't wait to do it again.

I just love the Kennedy Center. I don't pay homage to this place enough.  Did you know they have a free concert of some sort every night at 6:00?  It's true!
While they boys were at Priesthood, a group of the ladies got all dolled up for a night out at the KC to see Buster Keaton's silent film, The General.

Except ours was backed up by the National Symphony Orchestra.  It was glorious.


Sometimes, it's just fun to dress up!


We went out for dessert afterward, and the servers accidentally gave me someone else's free birthday dessert.  We didn't realize until after they sang their song and walked away that none of us had told them it was my birthday.  Awesome.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I kind of love the pictures of the blossoms! They are beautiful! Well done Ms. Photographer. I also love the fancy pictures. You're right...we kind of had matching blog posts. Ha!

Jason and Dana said...

Abby, you're so cute. And those blossoms are AMAZING!!! The picture by the...monument thing I can never remember the name of, that's incredible. I wish they would have been full bloom while I was there.

abbynormal said...

The Jefferson Memorial? Don't feel too bad. Like I said, it took me four years of LIVING here to see them.

David and Debby said...

RE: The Buster Keaton video - I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
Dad

Jason and Dana said...

No, not Jefferson Memorial, the tall pointy thing I always want to call "The Pentagon" hahahaha, don't ask me why cause I don't know.

abbynormal said...

Ah, the Washington Monument.

Jason and Dana said...

That's simple enough, why can't I ever remember it? Hopefully from this point on I will.