Thursday, April 09, 2009

Power Outage, Shooting Range, Golf Balls, Oh My!

So this one time a few weeks ago, the telephone pole in my front yard cracked in half.  I was home to hear the BOOM!  And then the power went out.  Naturally, everyone in the neighborhood went outside to check it out.  This is what we saw:
Except that it was on fire.  Yeah...I've had enough of those in my day, thank you.  Don't need any more flames so close to my abode.  But would you look at that thing?  Should've been replaced eons ago, right?!  I actually felt strangely vindicated, because on more than one occasion after I parked my car right under it, I had said to myself, "Hmm...is that thing supposed to sound like that?  One of these days, it's going to blow!"  And Viola!  Thankfully, I wasn't parked under it today.

When the firemen and cherry pickers came, they made me go back in the house.  No one else in my neighborhood had to go back inside.  Only me.  What's that all about?  So I had to document from within the safer confines of my prison home.

To their credit, they worked into the night (with THREE cherry pickers at one point) to get things up and running again.  We had our power back before morning.

To kill time while we were powerless, we went out to a shooting range with some friends (pretty punny).  The boys all taught us how to shoot lots of different guns, and then we had target practice.  They impressed us all with their patience and attention to detail in teaching us.  Definitely a good thing, with something as powerful as a gun.  In that light, I guess they had extra incentive.

My personal favorite was the shotgun.

My opponent disagrees.


And finally, for April Fools this year, we decorated Jeph's car.  :o)



Sadly, it blew away before he ever saw it.  But we still count it.

3 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

Is that supposed to be a piece of hail? Any holy moley that is freaky about the power pole!!!! YIKES!!!

abbynormal said...

It's supposed to be a golf ball that went through his window. :o)

Adriana said...

hey lady! yet, another digital connection. glad we can be en comunicado better