Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Alright, alright, alright

I think I got tagged by almost everyone in my family to complete these two lists, so here I go.  Sorry so slow to respond...school and all...

First listing...7 random things about me...

1) I used to be pretty uptight, always worrying and stressing about everything.  While I guess I still worry some, I'm a lot more laid-back than I once was.  I'm seeing it a lot with school.  The workload is pretty insane, and my life outside of school is pretty packed with responsibilities (and fun) too, but it hasn't gotten to me yet.  I can't honestly say I've felt much stress, if any, this semester.  Probably helps that I like the content so much - I don't think I've ever been as busy as I am now...but I don't know that I've ever felt as happy and balanced, either.  It's all about having the priorities straight.

2) I really love eating, and I'll try almost anything once.  This is leaps and bounds ahead of the picky eater I was when I was young.  I have learned to like everything I hated as a child EXCEPT onions.  Also, I have a philosophy about exercise - although I love the endorphins and everything, I do it so that I can eat what I want.  

3) Every time someone asks me about the scar on my leg, I make up a new story about it.  The best one so far is that I took a fall while I was rock climbing.  It helps that I dated a rock climber who helped me with all the terminology.

4) I wish I was more creatively spontaneous.  But I need to elaborate, because I know you all read about all the fun things I do.  I'm really good at joining in with other peoples' activities but it is rare for me to get the idea and/or actually implement it.  I have friends who are amazing at thinking of fun things to do and then rallying the troops and making it happen.  Not me.  I'm all about being a follower.  I'm good at following.  But I've actually worried before that all my fun activities will end once I'm not single because I'm never the one who gets the ideas, and I won't have all my single friends' ideas to piggyback on anymore.

5) I talk in my sleep, but it's always nonsensical jibberish unless I'm on NyQuil.  Then, everything I say is perfectly coherent.  Sarah-Dawn told me so.

6) I really seriously hate it when people question my intelligence.  It takes a lot to faze me, but if you really want to, start talking to me like I don't know what I'm talking about.  I dare you.

7) I have a special phone number I give to creepy guys who ask for my number.  It goes to a generic girl's voice mail in Utah, and then all the messages are played on a radio station the next day.  For the record, this is only given to the ones who are overly persistent and creepy.  So don't go thinking I'm just being mean to all the well-intentioned suckers out there.  They have to earn this number!

Now 8 Things...

8 Shows I Love to Watch:
I don't really watch TV.  Like, ever.  But when I do...
The Office
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Did I already say The Office?  That's all I can think of!

8 Things That Happened Today:
Met with classmates for one of my group projects
Realized Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK only after classmates pointed it out
Ate one of the free bagels Kogod offers every Tuesday
Got made fun of for how excited I was about eating a free bagel
Went to Accounting class
Met with classmates for another group project
Went to gym (a rare occurrence for November)
Went straight to Institute from school 

8 Places I Love to Eat:
Ben's Chili Bowl
Kabob Palace
Pasara Thai
Aladdin's
Five Guys
Bangkok Golden
Panda Express
Beto's

8 Things I am Looking Forward to:
Thursday at 2:00 when project #1 is done
Monday at 12:30 when project #2 is done
Seeing Becky and Ray and Grace and Elliot and Maggie next week
Being in Idaho
Snow (hey, if it's going to be cold, may as well make it good!)
Reading for fun again 
Graduating and getting a job that really fascinates me
The stock market coming back up

8 Things on my Wish List:
A family reunion with all the family there 
Snow this winter that lasts for more than two days
To be able to ski at least twice this season
To go to Peru and actually see Machu Picchu
To go somewhere in Africa.  And Australia.  And Antarctica would be cool...
A few more hours of each day in November, pre-Thanksgiving
To not live across the country from Sarah-Dawn
To have classes with start times that don't perfectly coincide with rush hour

8 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

That is great about your scar!! HA! And the phone number thing!! Interesting Abby!
And you should plan a Dr. Horrible song for next year's performance. (OK Go, the knee slapping one-that's what I mean)

David and Debby said...

abby, i knew several of those things-the phone number, the eating thing, but i do feel aged. i have no idea who dr. horrible is. i thought maybe it was a cartoon.

abbynormal said...

Why do you feel aged? Because you don't know who Dr. Horrible is? If that's all, then check out Dana's blog again.

Jason and Dana said...

I want to know how many phone number requests you get each week, if you only give the creepy guys the fake phone number. Must be tough living in paradise.

And, don't fly all the way across the world to go to Antarctica, just go to pocatello in winter and stop by the zoo to see the penguins. That would be about it.
Jason

abbynormal said...

Who said I use the fake number weekly?? It only takes one creepy guy to make it worth the time I spent memorizing that number.

I think next time I'm in Poky and the zoo is open, I'll take a picture with the penguins and post it on my blog and say, "Look! It's me in Antarctica!"

Jason and Dana said...

I'm pretty sure there are no penguins at the POCATELLO zoo. ????? Jason obviously never made the trip with us to see the deer and squirrels.

abbynormal said...

Oh, sad. I was hoping there had been new additions since I left.

craig&susan said...

no such luck as far as the new additions go to the poky zoo, but IF zoo actually does have penguins. just fyi. I hope you had a great thanksgiving, I won't take it personally that you didn't call me...not at all. Check out my blog for my great thanksgiving story. You will either smile, or dry heave.