Saturday, October 25, 2008

Apples and Kings

A few weekends ago I decided I just needed to not be in DC.  It's the fall!  Why not!  So I spent the morning in Shenandoah picking apples with Simone and Lauren and some other friends. 

It was a beautiful day, and I got to make brown bag apple pie!  (Big hit with everyone, by the way.)

Maybe that would be enough for someone, but not me.  After I got back, I went down to Kings Dominion with Jocelyn and Jeph.  They haunted it for Halloween! 
 
I'd never been before and I was impressed with the wide selection of roller coasters.  

And of course, we had to play on the bumper cars. 
We made friends with a little 13-year-old girl who was there with her family but kept going on rides all by herself.  We bumped into her a few times throughout the course of the night.  Brave girl!  Her favorite ride is Volcano!  I'm just glad she befriended us and not someone else who was...not us.   

No comments: