Sunday, October 26, 2008

I still heart NYC

What an awesome weekend.  And I have not a single picture to show for it.  I'll see if I can make up for it with artificial renditions of what it was really like...

I took the Vamoose bus up to NYC with my classmate, Caitie, so we could hit up a career fair in Stamford, CT.  This was my second career fair and not NEARLY as overwhelming as the first one.  All in all, I'd say it was a worthwhile excursion.

This was a very laid-back trip to NY for me.  I've seen the sights before, so I was just taking my time and enjoying myself.  
Both Caitie and I have friends in Manhattan, so we spent our nights there.  I stayed with an old friend from the Hawaii days, Kate.  

She's attending Hunter College, and her dorm is in a building that used to be an insane asylum.  Isn't that awesome?  I had a great time catching up with her - she's been on a mission since I last saw her!  
We visited the Frick Museum,
 



and while she was in class, I got to kick it in Central Park, my favorite New York location of all time.  
It's beautiful right now with all the fall leaves, and you just can't beat people-watching in Central Park.  It felt great to be doing essentially nothing, especially in light of the city I was in.

We also got to meet up with Caitie and her mom and aunt to eat at Agave, 
a mexican restaurant that was actually pretty good!  

But that was only the beginning of my weekend.  Once I got back to DC, I played laser tag with some friends, paid a visit to Ben's Chili Bowl, and attended a pumpkin party (everything pumpkin that is edible) and a "call to cake" party for four people who pretty much have birthdays at the same time.  I love my life.

3 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

Who wouldn't love your life?!!? :)

David and Debby said...

i really, really want to go to nyc. renae wants to go in april. maybe..... so glad you had a great time. any word from disney, or is that into the future?

Colin & Lori said...

Abby, I lived right next to Stamford when I was a nanny. We went to church there, shopped there and had a great time. I love NYC. Lori