Saturday, October 25, 2008

More apples, pumpkins, and family

I love having easy access to major airports. It gives me so many more excuses to see family, because they have to go through me to get to others. I am the gatekeeper!  Such has been the case throughout October, as people keep coming out to see cute little Asher. Most recently, my dad came out and we all went down to Broadway to join the clan that was already there for Asher's blessing. (More face time with the kids?! Okay!!) Look at this face. I just love the little wrinkles.  All together now..."Awwwwwwwww!"
We also went out to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch right outside of Charlottesville. We had every intention of actually picking apples, but it was freezing! So instead we drank some cider, took advantage of some photo ops, yoinked some pre-picked apples out of the barrel, and were on our merry way. (Yep, more apples! Which of course means more apple delicacies! Today Marcia, Kassandra, and I made not one but TWO delicious apple desserts. Hmm...who to share with? Anyone? Anyone??)
I let Mia play with my camera during lunch. In the spirit of the Halloween season, she immediately started wandering around telling everyone to make a scary face, and then capturing it. Look at all these faces! Aren't you scared?  I'm terrified! (Her scary face-making ability is a source of pride for me. Taught her everything I know. :o)

I also got to visit the Pentagon Memorial with my parents (yep, only time I ever see new DC things is when other people come to town and request it). It was just finished in time for the 7th anniversary of 9-11 this year. Here are some shots, for those of you who may not have made it there yet...which I'm guessing is probably all of you.
Each of these represent a person, and there is water in the little trough beneath them, flowing in different directions.  
Yes, I know that the lighting is bad on these last two shots.  It was either us or the memorials that would stand out, and I chose not us.  (See the Air Force one too, in the background?)
That's the Pentagon behind us.  I believe this is the side that was hit.


5 comments:

rebeccaV said...

Okay, that last pic of Lori making her scary face is what Grace's smile looks like in every picture I take!! I so jealous that you got to see all the new babies!!

rebeccaV said...

Okay, that last pic of Lori making her scary face is what Grace's smile looks like in every picture I take!! I so jealous that you got to see all the new babies!!

abbynormal said...

Becky, that's EXACTLY what I thought, but I just couldn't bring myself to say that Lori's scary face is the same as Grace's smile!!

Jason and Dana said...

I love all of the scary faces, but ESPECIALLY Colin's and Mom's!! AHH!!! Hahaha

Colin & Lori said...

I LOVE the scary faces. Mia's are truly thanks to Abby. So much fun!!!