Monday, September 29, 2008

Ben, Ben, and Ben's

That is correct.  Three of them, all on the same night.

Not too long ago, I bumped into an old friend from the BYU days, Ben (1).  Turns out he's out here going to school, too!!  And he's been here a year!!  First time I saw him was just a few weeks ago.  I'm excited about this.  He's my favorite Salsa dancing/skiing buddy, and I haven't been doing either of those as much as I should.  Anyway, last week we went to see Ben Folds (2).  Dude is amazing.  I was inspired.  Here's a taste:

After that, all I wanted to do was go to school the next day and bang on one of the practice pianos on campus.  ...I didn't, but I definitely thought about it a lot.













Ben (1) humored me by letting me stick to my usual concert tradition of visiting Ben's Chili Bowl (3) after the show.  Good times were had by all, thanks to Ben (1,2,3)!

5 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

What I want to know is, how did you just "bump" into someone in DC?!??!
I'll hear all about it tonight! WOOO!

abbynormal said...

It's easy! Here's how it works: Step 1 - be Mormon. Step 2 - attend Institute. BOOM! What's weird to me is that it didn't happen before now!

Jen said...

You look super cute in that last picture!!! Nick asked me yesterday when we're going to hang out with that "cool friend of mine". I'm jobless at the moment so my schedules pretty wide open!

Lisa said...

Umm handsome Ben(1). Are you going to hang out some more?

David and Debby said...

I'm Dad -
I'm not sure your BYU piano prof would approve of Ben 2's style, but I suppose I can tentatively approve of Ben 1. Suggest to Ben 1 that he picture Robert DeNero's hand-eye maneuver in "Meet the Parents." OK, got it in your head?
I'm watching.