Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Flashback: Air show!

A friend of mine is seriously into airplanes. Ask him anything, he can tell you. He took me to an air show at Andrews AFB, celebrating the 60th Anniversary. in May. I got to see the crazy stunt flyers, some sky divers, sky writers, and even the Thunderbirds! (Is it bad that I never before made the connection that the Blue Angels were the Naval ones and the Thunderbirds were the Air Force ones?) While we were standing there, the Thunderbirds took off, took a little jaunt up to the horse races in Baltimore to say hi to the Queen, and THEN came back to give us a show. This is the picture I'm most proud of - and it wasn't even intentional. I was just trying to catch the dude camping out for a nice view on top of the plane, at the exact moment the Thunderbirds zoomed past.





I'm also a fan of this one. It gives you wings! ...get it? (ha ha... sigh.)

No comments: