Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Chicago is bringing sexy back

I guess they've decided I'm responsible enough at work to send me places. In June, I got to go to Chicago for the week-long NXTComm Telecom conference. I learned a lot of things about what is to come over the next few years. But above all, I learned just how badly the telecom industry wants to be hip! Every morning, we were graced with strobe lights and music blasting over the speakers from bands like The Killers, Snow Patrol, All-American Rejects, and yes, even Justin Timberlake. This scene took place just before our 10:00AM keynote speaker. Picture an auditorium full of of white-collar 40-something males, and THIS...




I got to stroll around the streets of Chicago a bit when I wasn't in the conference, and you know what? It's a beautiful city! I stopped by the House of Blues, right on the river...












...took a walk to Navy Pier...









...went for a solo ride on the ferris wheel (Dude taking my ticket: "Just one?" Me: "Yep.")...






...and captured some beautiful sunset shots on the shores of Lake Michigan.









FYI - next time you're in Chicago, eat at Ed Debevics. And if you can help it, don't go to Chicago alone. That is all.

No comments: