Sunday, November 24, 2013

Summertime and the livin's easy

I'm lumping in several summer activities with this one, just for fun. :)

One of my cousins came to town.  Scott is scuba certified, but he's never gotten to dive in the ocean, so we decided we'd take him out to show him what he's missing.  We rented all his gear, and headed down to Laguna Beach, where there are supposed to be some good shore dives.  The weather wasn't awesome, and we'd heard the surf was up, but no big deal, right?

The first beach we went to, they wouldn't actually allow us to shore dive because of the high surf.  Boo.  So we drove to another beach that wasn't so strict with their diving closures, worked into our wetsuits and the rest of our gear, and ventured into the surf.









Turns out, it was up.









That was one of the many waves that tried to deter us from diving.  It was actually a little scary because sometimes we'd get hit by a wave and get tossed around for awhile before we could get back above the surface for air.  (Looking back, I had a huge tank of air strapped to my back that I could have always partaken from.  Didn't really think of that in the moment.)

In the end, we bailed.  David was the only one who ever made it past the surf.  Scott and I just got rocked by it.  Sorry, Scott.  Next time?

Next up: a night out with Sarah-Dawn and her sister, Courtney.  We went to Roscoe's.  Have you heard of this place yet?  It's not exactly a high-class joint, but it's not trying to be.  They serve waffles and fried chicken.  Together.  That's what they do.  So that's what we got.  
After that we went out to a Korean karaoke place to belt out a few tunes.  And randomly, while we were there I found this cool wig.  This is the only documentation we got from the whole awesome night.






















In other news, David and I went to Santa Barbara to see fun. in concert...



























Love him for giving me my concert fix!





Aside from that, we've witnessed yet another set of amazing sunsets.  (You'll notice that in at least one of these, I'm capturing the sunset instead of paying attention to my CFP class.  This far along in the game, I guess I'm easily distracted.)

No comments: