Thursday, September 02, 2010

ACDC World Tour

Well, we're finally wrapping up our tour, and what a tour it was!


You've already heard about the first two stops on the tour, but you may not know about #3 and #4. Our third gig involved a BBQ at our new digs (which gave us all the incentive we needed to put our house together in a hurry), where we got to meet up with our DC-area friends who may not have been able to travel so far to catch either of the previous shows. We treated them to burgers and kosher dogs and a place to gather and Rock Bandify, and they treated us to their sparkling company. Not a bad trade-off!

We had so much fun that we neglected to take even a single picture. So, David and I reenacted a few scenes for you. Just imagine that the tortillas are hamburgers. And that there are other people.




Last leg: Indy!

Special thanks to the Drapers for making our final appearance possible. David and I buzzed on over to Indiana for a whirlwind excursion through his old stomping grounds. It included a pit stop at Steak 'n Shake (I'm told that this was essential to my Indy experience), and a trip to the State Fair, which we realized was going on just after we arrived. I learned that they have a new fried delicacy every year. This year it was fried butter. Last year it was fried Pepsi. Not really sure how either of those work. In any case, we neglected to sample said fried butter, but we did manage to meander through the cattle building, check out the local artistic talent, pick up a funnel cake, and take a ride on the ferris wheel. I'm feeling good about that.

But wait, there's more. We also wandered over to the Children's Museum, which is the largest in the...country? World? Not sure. But it sure is big. And it sure is awesome. We sort of flew through it. I'm dying to go back.



After all that funness, it's showtime! We headed over to the Drapers' and I got to meet all kinds of awesome people that David grew up with. (Pictures will be available on David's blog, probably.) It was a smaller crowd, and it was delightful. What great people. And let me tell you, they love those Chipmans! Lucky me, I get to be cool by association!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Best. Post. EEEVERRRRR. Loved the posing/fake party pictures. I can see that I fit right between you two on the couch playing rock band. Loved the creepy David and Alien shot. Loved all of it. And that's all I have to say about that.

David and Debby said...

You were already cool by association. The Chipman association just adds more assurance that you will never be devoid of coolness.
Dad

Lisa said...

I'm so utterly grossed out at the thought of fried butter that I can't even remember the rest of your post. Sick and wrong on so many levels!