Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tribute

I was chatting with Princess the other day, and I realized what an amazing feat she is about to accomplish. I know I've got a lot on my plate and whatever this semester, but as long as I'm careful with my time, I can manage alright.

Let's talk about Princess.


Princess actually played a pivotal role in my return to school. If left to my own devices, I almost definitely would have put it off for at least another semester - if not indefinitely. But Princess would have none of it. She bullied me into finishing my application right before the deadline, which has drastically affected the direction my life has taken over the last two years and given a serious boost to my confidence, self-awareness, and personal development. For that, I am grateful.

But I digress. Back to Princess.

She's in law school. She started the same time I started business school. From what I understand, law school is HARD even if you're just taking the typical load. But Princess is made of tougher stuff. Girl's taking 19.5 credits this semester, because she wants to graduate early. 19.5! Credits! Of law school! I don't know what a typical load is, but for me it starts to get a little hairy once you pass 12. I imagine it's similar for law.

So does she spend her life stuck in the library, buried in books and papers? Nope! Look at all the fun she manages to have! Adventure finds her wherever she goes. It's actually made me jealous on numerous occasions since she left DC and keeps having adventures without me.


Her finals are this week, and she's still managed to call me for a chat - on more than one occasion. The last time we talked, she had to cut the conversation short because she didn't want to be late for her water polo tournament. I don't know how she does it. But even more than that, I don't know how she can say that she doesn't know how I do it.

But what I do know is that I'm excited for her to finish with those finals so she can get out here for a month of play interning.

Cheers to Princess!

3 comments:

David and Debby said...

On top of all that she is a really nice person. Remember how nice she was when we backed into her car? I am grateful you have friends like her. I am grateful for a younger generation person like her. It gives me hope for the future. We are proud of you princess/emily.

rebeccaV said...

Princess ROCKS!!

Emily said...

Is is possible to die from happiness?! Abby! This is the nicest thing ever! How did you know I needed a pick-me-up after my final of death!! Wow, I feel so unworthy of a blog post! A of all) I didn't know it was my incessant nagging that got you to apply! I just saw how much you wanted to do it, and I just always asked because I was curious of the update. Wow. I really had no idea. B of all) I can't wait to play with you in a few weeks! My heart is happy just thinking about it. B.2 of all) Where did you get that first picture?! HA! 4th) Your parents comment makes me feel so good! I sure do like them! They can hit my car anytime. =) 5) Because of you I: learned to travel, am addicted to traveling, had the majority of my coolest life adventures with you, and was called Princess by the entire east coast...because of you! That's no small indent on my life!

And lastly, because of you, I just made authentic green curry. Wish you were here to experience the authentic-ness. My lips are still burning, and the smell of fish sause still lingering. Maybe I'll bring some on the plane =)

You rock my world man!

Eternally Grateful,
P