Sunday, January 03, 2010

A reenactment...

...of David's birthday surprise:

One of the David masks that me, his siblings, nephews, and niece put on before David got to his sister's house in El Paso (where he didn't know I would be):


What David saw when he walked in the front door:

(He actually missed his flight and was a day late, which meant more time to plan a more elaborate surprise and extra bonus day with the siblings and kids! It also meant hiding in quiet rooms and faking my way through a few phone calls before he arrived.)

His initial reaction when he saw us:


What he did when I took off my David mask and he discovered that I was actually in El Paso, not Pocatello:


What the kids did in response:


Yay for surprises!


The next morning, I was on the road back to Idaho. Totally worth it!

4 comments:

David Chipman said...

That was a most awesome surprise! I totally loved it, and it was SO worth it! Thank you Abby and everyone else for such a great birthday surprise! It was AWESOME!

Karen said...

Abby, that was an awesome birthday surprise. And thanks for calling us and including us - all the way in Peru. FABULOUS! Mom

Colin & Lori said...

Abby, are you two making out in that picture with all the kids around you? Ewwwwwh, grosss! I am so excited for the wedding. I know it will be so much fun with the two funnest people I think I know. REally! Remember what you and Dana got me for my bridal shower? It's pay-back time!!!

abbynormal said...

Ew, making out in front of the kids?! No way!!! We wouldn't corrupt them like that! (David, you should ask Colin and Lori about the time Grandma Croshaw yelled at them for "making out" in the backyard. It's a classic tale.)

I can't remember what me and Dana got you...but I get the feeling I'll be reminded reeeeal soon.