Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, David C!

I'm actually on the opposite side of the country for David's birthday. Sad, I know. :(

But don't worry, it just means that we got to celebrate a week early, when I was still in DC!

We took a trip to the National Geographic Museum to check out the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit. It was fascinating stuff. And isn't he an attractive guy?



Naturally, said trip was followed later by the movie "Hero." Because we're cool like that. And also because David is mildly obsessed with everything China. Makes me feel pretty awesome, for beating out all the Chinese ladies for his attention. :)



We also took a trip up to the temple to check out the lights and listen to the Northern Lights Dance Orchestra play some big band-sounding Christmas tunes.



Yay, Christmas.



And yay, anniversary of birth of David. :)

9 comments:

David and Debby said...

Okay, your description of going to a Chinese movie reminded me of seeing segments of the movie "Raising Arizona" with Chinese subtitles, which brought back the rich mental image of a theater full of Chinese people tediously trying to decipher that brand of American humor. Priceless.
Dad
PS - Happy Birthday David!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, David! I'm excited to see you next week. Abby...you forgot to mention how old he is. ;-)

rebeccaV said...

Happy Birthday, David!! Looks like your early b-day was great!

Emily said...

Fabulous post. And David--happy 90th.

Jason and Dana said...

Happy Birthday David!!! DK? Is that was we called you? I can't even remember, so I guess it won't stick. The temple is so beautiful! I wish we could see you guys over Christmas, but we'll be there in spirit....or something.

David Chipman said...

Thanks everyone! I'm 90 today. Thanks Emily for outing me early. We had an awesome time. Abby is pretty much the best girl ever! She didn't mention the other birthday present that she made for me, with lots of cool notes. She's the beeest. Ramses don't got nothin on dis girl. And to the Croshaw crew... I'll see you in a week! Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas! (I'm going out now to play in the 16" of snow!)

Jason and Dana said...

Did she make you a boondoggle?

Leslie said...

Or maybe a set of little paper boxes that fit into each other? You were the cutest little girl, Abba.

David Chipman said...

I want paper boxes!!!