Friday, January 04, 2008

Running is fun! And biking. And swimming.

I did a sprint Triathlon to "celebrate" the end of the summer this year. And since I'm not in school, when I say "end of the summer," I really mean September. It took place in Wilmington, NC, and I did it with my partner in fitness crime, Lauren Furer, her husband, Yuriy, and his friend, Jay Carmine. (Props to Jay for letting us stay at his house and giving us a preview of the race, and to his fiancé for letting me use a bike that was SO much better than the Craigslist special that I brought!) My total time: 1:42:26.

In short - I loved it.







The swimming,











biking,
















and running.
(I beat that other girl by one second!)












I loved it all, and wouldn't object to doing another.

Yeah, we felt pretty cool having our numbers written all over us with magic marker. We also had matching swimsuits and called ourselves Team Awesome.

We probably thought we were pretty tough or something, but really, we had nothing on Yuriy.

1 comment:

Colin & Lori said...

Abby, you are so cooool! You are so outgoing and motivated and successful!! I am so proud of you and you are one great Aunt and sister-in-law!! I really miss being closer and seeing you more often. It would be great if we were in Idaho the same time as you!! Jack talks about you and loves the OK GO dance and asks for it when I get on the blog. We really miss you! You are great!
Love you!!