Thursday, January 31, 2008

Massanutten is the place to be on MLK Day

Well, Kim did it again!! She planned the perfect extended weekend. This time it was in a cozy cabin in Massanutten, VA. Here, for the first time ever, I tried my hand at east-coast skiing. And you know what, it wasn't half bad! Me and the boys found a "black diamond" run at the top that we did the whole time - the lift had virtually no line, and there was actually some decent snow up there.

We liked it so much, we went back a few hours later and did some night skiing. And Marcia tried skiing for the first time!!

Her birthday was that day, so of course, we made her a "cake."

And of course, there was dancing.



When I wasn't dancing, or skiing, or reading, or hiking, this was my other activity of choice. Yay for "lazy" weekends!

(Yes, I noticed that this is the blog entry of "quotations...")

4 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

How much fun you lucky girl!!! Is that "scarf" for "me"? You know, I don't ever remember a winter like this one in Pocatello. It snows 4 or 5 out of 7 days a week and NEVER goes away all the way. It's been this way for at least a month!

abbynormal said...

I'm so jealous. This trip was a couple days after one of the two snowstorms we've had all winter.

If you like those "quotations," you should check out the blog quotation-marks.blogspot.com. It's a favorite.

David and Debby said...

what quotations? looks like a great time. xo mom

abbynormal said...

"Lazy," "cake," "black diamond." Each one correctly applied, might I add. It's my favorite way to imply sarcasm through writing.