Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Where in the world is ACDC?

I began writing this post from Indianapolis.  I'd like to start with some stats...stats that were accurate as of the day this post was originally written:

In the last 19 days:
* Number of airports I've visited: 15 (it will be 18 if you ask tomorrow)
* Number of cities I've visited: 9
* Number of countries: 4
* Number of hotels: 6 (if you don't count Chez Pierson or the dive boat - the rest of the nights were spent on redeye flights, my favorite thing)
* Speaking of Piersons, number of ways they're awesome: eleventy-five bazillion
* Speaking of dive boats, number of dives I've been on: 10
* Speaking of redeyes, number of them we've taken: 5
* Number of different types of transportation: 9, and I'm counting walking, because we did a LOT.
* Number of mosquito bites on my legs: 27
* Time changes: 6
* Longest day I've ever had in life: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 (it was 36 1/2 hours long, thank you, international date line, with a special shout-out to India for being offset 30 minutes from the rest of the planet)
* What time it is: 12:21pm
* What time my body thinks it is: 9:51pm
* What time it is at home (where I was trying to convince my body to acclimate the past few days until I confused everything again by coming here): 9:21am

In short, the past few weeks have been epic.  And we've done an excellent job of seriously messing up our internal clocks, completely derailing our training schedule, and maybe also catching a few bugs.

I started this post a month and a half ago, but have failed to make any progress because there's just so much to tell that I get overwhelmed and don't do anything instead (oh and also I've had lots of class happening).  So I've decided to take smaller bites, and give you chunks at a time.

Hopefully this will move things along just a little bit faster...

...and if you're wondering, the different types of transportation, in order of appearance, are: airplane, metro, taxi, boat, moto-rickshaw, bus (I'm tempted to count bus twice because our two bus rides were so drastically different...but I won't), elephant, and bike-rickshaw.  Walking was peppered throughout the whole experience, with an extra-big dosage of it right before I originally started writing this post.

No comments: