Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Oops, I forgot to blog about my birthday

We went to Bakersfield for General Conference with Uncle Brad and Aunt Ruth and Uncle Steve and Aunt Michelle and cousin Cara, like we always do!


Everyone also went out for ice cream at Dewar's, like we always do - at this point I felt too awkward to say "Hey, guess what everybody, it's my birthday tomorrow and we're having ice cream, awesome right?"

And then the window passed for mentioning my birthday and it would have been even more awkward to bring it up after the fact.  (It's kind of like seeing someone new at church and not introducing yourself, and then several months go by and you're both aware of each other but you can never really talk because you missed that window of properly learning who each other is.  It felt kind of like that.  But I digress.)  So before we went to sleep, I mentioned to David that maybe he might be able to, you know, spread the word the next day, so I wouldn't have to announce my own birthday and let it pass anonymously?  He said he'd work on that.

As if I had anything to worry about.

I woke up in the morning to a phone call from Sarah-Dawn, always a happy start.  Then I meandered out of the guest room...and there were balloons and streamers hanging everywhere.  And cake.  And a pirate hat for the birthday girl!!






I wore it all day.










My husband is so awesome.  As are all these relatives.





















































Bring on 31!

No comments: