Sunday, March 04, 2012

Big Sur-ification

David and I took advantage of President's Day weekend to get out of dodge.

Although we knew the long weekend was coming, we didn't get around to planning much of anything in advance. On Friday night, we chose Big Sur as our destination. Saturday morning, we packed up all our camping gear, stocked up on camping-type food, and headed up the coast. We didn't even allow ourselves to consider the possibility that all the camping sites may be gone since it was, after all, a holiday weekend.

Don't worry. We got a spot. Shockingly, we found a spot at the first place we stopped. I'm chalking it up to David's carma.

Big Sur is SO. BEAUTIFUL. Words cannot do the place justice. And David did his homework, which meant we stopped at all of the most photogenic places. All I can do is say, LOOK!



Now go to David's blog and LOOK some more!

Stay tuned for more adventures on the next edition of "ACDC's National Park Blitz, 2012!"

3 comments:

David Chipman said...

I love it! That was such a fabulous trip! One of my favorite parts was the lack of cell reception, which meant no distractions! Just a perfect get away. I can't wait for NPB 2012! (National Park Blitz). Only ten more days to go!

CMS said...

Beautiful! I have been there too, actually! I will have to dig out my photos sometime for a comparison. You are so lucky to live in such a stunningly gorgeous area. Seriously, I have never seen the likes of the beauty that is on the coast of California.

David and Debby said...

WOW! That's all I can say. WOW.