Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's always fun when family comes to town

Even for Los Angeles, it has been an unseasonably warm winter. Not like I know any different - it's the most unseasonably warm winter I've ever had in life. All the better to take advantage of family visits!!

My parents came to town to play for a weekend. We had a grand old time – we got to kick it at the beach, we paid the Knapps a visit, and of course, we spent some quality time playing cards.






We also visited Huntington Botanical Gardens. David had to work that day, so I had to take over with the photography. We’ll definitely have to return in the spring, when the Japanese garden is open and David can capture some quality shots.



Emily also came to spend some time with us.



And we went sailing! This Saturday was 80 degrees and clear – perfect conditions. Uncle Brad got certified to sail a catamaran, so a bunch of us joined him for a nice leisurely jaunt up to Palos Verdes and back. (See David for more pictures.)





Then we got some pizza and got back on the boat and dined with the Queen Mary and the Long Beach skyline as our backdrop.



It was lovely.

And as an aside, sometimes when I’m stuck in traffic sometimes I have killer sunsets.




4 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

Nerts?

abbynormal said...

Surprisingly...no. But I always thought it was Nirtz? Mom?

David and Debby said...

Thanks for the tour guide services Abby and David. We had a great time. Your guest house was very comfortable.
Dad

David and Debby said...

I always thought Nertz. Don't know why. Can't speak for the others, but I had a really, really good time. thanks for doing anything we wanted to do.
xoxoxo