Friday, November 06, 2009

Voices calling from a yellow rooooooad!

I've realized there are a few common underlying elements to bands that just really impress me. One of them is if they can actually involve instruments above and beyond the guitar/drum combo of typical rock bands (although I do love that stuff, too). It doesn't hurt if they can pull off the falsetto, either. And any band that can involve children gets bonus points.



Guster proved their worth last weekend, and then some, when they performed at my favorite cheap venue, the 9:30 Club. Their concert represented the 10th anniversary since their Lost and Gone Forever tour, so they sang that entire album and then some. It was delightful.



Big weekend event #2: Halloween!!

I LOVE Halloween. It's such a creative time of year. I'll probably be that mom who keeps on dressing up for the holiday long after my kids think it's cool for me to do it.



And just for fun, here's a preview of a new Guster song!


Happy weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Colin & Lori said...

I CAN'T wait until you are married and have kids and you don't have the time or the money to do such fun things! We are crazy jealous that you got to go see Guster. Colin and I REALLY wanted to go when they were going to be here YESTERDAY but alas, no time, no money. Glad it was worth it. I keep telling myself, some day. We love you!

David and Debby said...

I can't wait until you're old and no longer have kids, because then you can say: So, who's Guster?
Dad

P.S. Marcia as a National Geographic cover was the best!

abbynormal said...

Okay, in my defense, I do such fun things exactly because I am taking advantage of not being married with kids yet. I didn't choose to be 27 and single, but I will definitely make the most of my situation while it lasts. But I've got lots more videos if you want to watch them and pretend you were there. :)

David and Debby said...

who exactly is guster, and why is he/they so great? sorry, it's hard for me to get excited about a group i never heard of before yesterday. age... mom

Colin & Lori said...

Just love to give you a bit of a hard time. You know I/we are just jealous! We should have been doing those fun things. I didn't have Mia until I was 27. We just didn't live in a super fun city like you do. Maybe we would have pre-kids. But ya know, we will get to do fun things at some point. Right now we are just enjoying the craziness of having 3 crazies to love!

abbynormal said...

The super fun city does help a lot. But you're getting a head start on me with the craziness, so I guess it all sort of balances out?

David and Debby said...

You know you're old when you start repeating yourself over and over, and everyone ignores you. So, who is Guster anyway?
Dad for Mom

abbynormal said...

My apologies. I guess I figured the post sort of explained who they were with my little description and the videos. Guster is a band that plays good quality music. If you really care to learn more about them, you can visit their website: guster.com. Or you can ask me when I come home in a couple weeks and I'll show you more of their music. :)