Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I like surprises.

But I don't get them often.  You can imagine my glee when David took our trip to Indianapolis and tacked on a surprise visit to see my brother's family in Cleveland!  I must say, I am very impressed with EVERYONE for keeping the secret.  (Except Dana, but it's okay because I didn't even notice.  :o)  

We got to visit Kirtland!



We gave Lori a break from the older kids and took them on a tour of the temple.  Everyone thought we were their parents and kept giving us knowing looks and commented on how well-behaved our children were.

Later, it was time for the slip-n-slide!  Of course, one must stretch first...

...so that one can be amply prepared when we chuck you down the slide!

David even took a turn - standing - in his clothes!  And he didn't even fall!

It's true that we saw this rental car and couldn't live without it.  At least until the next day, when we traded it for a car with satellite radio.


Indiana is a beautiful state.  I did not know this - my knowledge of the midwest is sadly inadequate.  But we had great weather and even better company the whole time we were there.  I'm pretty sure I've been convinced to pay the state another visit sometime again.  I think I promised Ben (not Benjamin) that I would.

But when? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Colin & Lori said...

we had so much fun!! the kids loved it too. we have david's hat and jack is dying to give it back to him. When we found it in the van and I commented on it Jack made the connection that we didn't know where David's mom and dad lived so we could give it back. I have to keep reminding him that we are going on a trip and will see him in a few days.

Jason and Dana said...

How fun!!!! I love the Beetle picture.

David Chipman said...

I love that Jack made that connection! I guess it's a good thing that I don't still live with my mom and dad. We'll see y'all this weekend when we take this party on the road again!

craig&susan said...

So Abby, who is this David fellow? Do tell....miss you, and can't wait to catch up.