Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's a race!

This weekend I ran in a triathlon in beautiful Luray, VA with my friends, Lauren and Kara.  In celebration of current world events, my friends and I did the Olympic-distance tri.  And, in celebration of not having enough time or motivation on our hands, we did a relay, each of us contributing just one leg of the journey.  That actually ended up being very cool because I got to watch and enjoy the rest of the race.  I did the run, and I'm pretty sure it was the fastest time I've ever gotten in a 10-K.  Yay, me!  (My motivation: I had to finish before a girl whose teammate had been trash-talking one of my teammates during the bike leg.  Not cool, biker dude!)

I think we finished in about 3 hours.  Action shots will be posted once they become available.  The whole race was very scenic and beautiful, and only a little bit hot for my leg.  (But not humid, which was a dream come true!)  Humor me, while I share just a few examples of the scenic beauty.  It makes my mountain/lake-loving heart smile.










This little boy was cheering for his daddy.  He was definitely the biggest fan in attendance.



(I had to sneak in just one cool DC shot that I got when I went to see Superman at Screen on the Green for FHE. :o)

9 comments:

David and Debby said...

i tried calling you earlier to see how the race went. glad i checked out your blog. i'll probably talk to you tomorrow. xoxo mom

David and Debby said...

oh, and congratulations on a great race. i knew you could do it. congrats to your friends as well.

Jason and Dana said...

Wow Abby! Those are some impressive pictures!!!! I absolutely LOVE the 2nd scenic picture!! You should blow it up and hang it up somewhere.
Way to go on your fastest 10-k time! I don't have one of those. ;)

Crystal said...

Totally awesome, great job and good pictures!!

rebeccaV said...

Abby, you are so cool! I LOVE the scenery of the east coast, it is so beautiful! Good job on the race!

rebeccaV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

BB, what was your 10-K time? Love the pics. XO

abbynormal said...

52:22. Granted, I've only run a few of these things, but I think it was faster than my next-best time by about a minute and a half.

David and Debby said...

i want a new entry. your life is very interesting. keeps me in touch, besides the multiple telephone calls. xox