Thursday, May 29, 2008

GOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

DC United vs. Toronto.
Final score: 3-2, DC.  It was intense, and the crowd was excited.  No comparison to some international games I've seen, but actually pretty good for an American crowd.  I'm sure they were all just really jazzed about no longer having to share their stadium with the Nats.
We were sitting right behind the superfans who would wave flags around and block our view half the time.  (It became a new game to guess what was happening in the moments when the game was concealed by the flags.)  They were also beating a drum 99% of the game, and every time DC scored, they lit smoke bombs.  Because really, what better way to celebrate?!?
My favorite is those poor Toronto players you see stretching out right in front of the field there, who were prepped and ready to go the whole game...but never actually went in.

Before this game, I was kayaking in Maryland.  What a great day!  But alas, I have no photographical proof.  Only the pictures in my head remain.  Next time I'll go on the Potomac in Georgetown and bring my camera.

After that, as I was running to meet up with my friends in front of RFK stadium, I stopped to help some dude jump start his car.  One point for Idaho girl - always prepared with those jumper cables!  I guess dude was impressed by that simple mechanical feat of preparation.  He started enquiring after my status and asking if I dated black men.  Oh boy.  Way to kill the act of service by turning it into a pickup.  Oh well.

No comments: