Thursday, May 08, 2008

EU Day

Another cool DC event that not enough people know about: EU DAY!
All the European embassies opened their doors to entertain anyone who wanted to explore.  My friends and I only made it to Germany and France, but from what I hear, everything else is weak sauce in comparison.
Grand prize winner of the awsome embassy prize for sure is Germany.  They had a lederhosen-clad band, fake tattoos, face painting, wheel-of-fortune-style prize giveaways, pins with words like "GAGA" (CRAZY)...I could go on and on.  
They definitely showed their understanding of the American way: the best way to get us to like you is FREE FOOD!  Everywhere we looked, there was German chocolate, gummy bears, bratwurst, and this mysteriously delicious spiced cherry soup.  Gold star to Germany.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ya, and you didn't even mention the cool tattoos! Germany sure knows how to make amends for...ya know...almost annihilating western civilization as we know it.

abbynormal said...

I did so mention the cool tattoos!!

abby said...

Germans will never let you leave their house without food in your stomach. My family is mostly German so I know. I'll have to check it out next year.

Yes she did mention the tattoos.

David and Debby said...

Did they also give away Ricolla cough drops?
Dad

Lisa said...

Okay, I hate to tell you this, but I think Lake Dishman and his wife were there at the same time as you, because, he has it on his blog too. I love you!!