Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cherry Blossoms strike again!


This is my favorite time of year in DC. It's not really cold anymore, and it's not humid yet. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Perfect time for a parade.

My friends and I volunteered again to take part in the Cherry Blossom Festival, and we got to be ushers for the parade, which basically meant front-row seats to see Bob the Builder. It was cool to see all the participants from Japan and random places around the country (including the marching band from Timpview High School in Provo, Utah?!) and just to enjoy being in the city on a nice day. This part of DC is so beautiful.

Having had multiple roommates and friends from Texas, I have a pretty solid grasp of the concept of Texas pride. With that in mind, I can say with surety that only from Texas would you ever find a phenomena such as this: the dance team incorporating a Texas-shaped prop into their dance. (As an aside, at my house we had a Texas Independence Day party. There was cake, and we sang happy birthday to Texas. If you were there and not an actual "citizen" of the great state, you were given a temporary visa for the night. I'm not even kidding. It was fantastic.)

It was an especially enjoyable day because I got to hang out with Princess and Marcia, which hasn't happened for far too long. They were even with me to enjoy the highlight of my day - seeing this truck:

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of getting to know Brian Regan, I suggest you follow this link immediately so you, too, can experience the joy that is seeing some of your favorite comedy in real life. It reminds me of when my mom and I were driving across the country and we saw a sign that said "Blasting Zone Ahead."

No comments: