Friday, March 28, 2008

Chinatown Bus is the new awesome

A great thing about living in DC is the easy access to NYC. Recently my sister, Leslie, just happened to be there on a work trip at the exact moment that I just had to get out of town. As soon as I found out she was there, I booked a seat on the Chinatown bus and went to play with her and Alex.

It was a classic whirlwind trip to the city. We ate some amazing pizza at Patsy's, Thai at Pongsri, and hot dogs at Gray's Papaya. (To find some of these places, we walked until we were ready to collapse. Totally worth it!) Alex found the perfect knockoff Coach purse (not for him), and Leslie finally convinced me to buy some Levi's. And I admit, she was right - they're pretty awesome jeans. While Leslie slaved away at work, Alex and I went to the Museum of Natural History. Pretty neat place, and it was fun how excited Alex was, to be on the set of "Night at the Museum." But by far, my favorite part was when we stumbled upon the Mexico/Central America exhibit, and Alex got to enlighten me with exerpts from his vast pool of knowledge on the Mayans, Aztecs, and everything in between. I've always believed the best way to experience a museum is with an expert on the subject. If you haven't tried this, do it.

Last of all, we went to see Stomp on Broadway. Very high-energy, and quite creative! They used brooms, matchboxes, kitchen sinks, pvc pipes, folding charis, and lots of other things as sound-making props. Here's a small sample for you - they're making music with water cooler jugs. :o)

No comments: