Monday, March 24, 2008

DNCFR

For those of you non-natives to the great city of Pocatello, that stands for Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo. Coincidentally, I made it home to attend this year, and Sarah-Dawn got to come with me. (She drove through a snowstorm in her big-rig to be there for me and deserves a million points for her efforts!)

We got to see real-life cowboys tackle/tie up a calf or two and watched the hard-core kids do some mutton busting. And, of course, what's a rodeo without the bucking broncos?

A rodeo experience is just not complete if you don't dress the part, so we took a trip to DI and found the perfect cowgirl attire. As you can see here, S-D's truck is fo real.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I can't believe you did that the day after surgery! Holy cow. That's awesome.

I love the west--where else do you have little kids in boots riding lambs and roping chickens?