Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wow, time to catch up! (Part I)

So much has gone on in the past few months that I have to do my updates in installments.

For starters, Princess allowed me the privilege of being her date to one of her fancy black-tie political socialite events (yeah, one of the dozens) that took place in one of the Georgetown mansions. We tried to sound like we belonged there by hanging by the hours devours and saying things like, "And then Robert Redford said, 'I starred in that movie!'" and then we'd start chortling (the most dignified term I can think of for laughter). Anyway. It was awesome.


We threw a Pirate birthday party for Princess and Abbey the Red on St. Pirates Day...




I worked in the oldest federal building in the country, did you know that? We recently moved into a new and improved building that actually didn't feel like a warehouse! But not before we said goodbye to the old building in style:

(We actually put a hole in the wall when we bowled with a regular bowling ball.)

Marcia and I went to an Ok Go and Snow Patrol concert that I would place in my top 5 best (um, that's really good - I've seen a lot of 'em). In particular, we were dazzled by the performance of Snow Patrol. It reminded me why I love concerts. The lights, the quality commentary from the lead singer, the energy...sigh. It gives me goosebumps.


Last but not least, I went to the Kite Flying Festival with some friends. Imagine the Washington monument surrounded by kites in every direction. Better yet, let me show you...

We even tried our hand at it...









And just for fun, here's a picture I took along the Potomac. Pretty awesome, right?

No comments: