Sunday, May 06, 2007

Exhausting (but awesome) Birthweek

I think birthdays should take up an entire week. So, I spent my birth-weekend from April 7 to April 14 celebrating. When you turn 25, you've got to celebrate in style, right?! And so I did.

We threw a birthday luau party for me and a fellow April 7th-er...

I took a day off from work to play with a visiting friend - we went to the National Zoo and to Borders for a little pre-concert show of a band I love, The Feeling. We went to their concert that night and caught a drumstick they threw out into the crowd - then we had them all sign it.
We also went to a Barnum & Bailey's Circus that was in town...
This weekend was the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade. A group of people from my ward volunteered to be ushers for the masses of toursits. Look at the awesome t-shirts we got out of it!




(That's the White House behind us)




And finally, also this weekend we went paintballing with another group from the ward.
Here are the fruits of our labors. Our fingers are purple because we were tie-dyeing t-shirts that night for a Lupus Walk taking place the next weekend...

No comments: