Monday, December 01, 2008

Dinner with the co-workers

Recently I got to meet up with many of my old co-workers for dinner. It was grand! And I got to meet lots of spouses and significant others I'd only heard about before, and I got to catch up with everyone and just enjoy being around them again.
I realized that, of the 8 original Census workers there, only 2 are still manning their original posts in Services.

I also realized something that I think I already knew: I really miss my co-workers.  
Think about it - I used to spend more waking hours with this crowd than anyone else.  These guys really get me, and I'm so fond of all of them.  That was terribly difficult to walk away from, even for something as alluring as getting my MBA.  
Sometimes I get nostalgic, thinking about the lunchtime jogs and workouts, the vacuum breaks, commiserating when we had to work overtime, rearranging/kidnapping my supervisor's beanie baby toys, the parties that always inevitably had that expensive cake that tastes like chemicals, trips to J-ville, and even cranking out top diffs and referrals (which is odd).  Hopefully we can get together again soon.  I sure do like all those guys.

1 comment:

Jason and Dana said...

Thats great you guys all got together! You have got to have more friends than anybody on the face of the earth.