Sunday, June 10, 2012

Yosemite!

So...my computer crashed this week. And I was a negligent in my backing up of said computer, so I lost a good 9 months of music, pictures, and other life documentation.

Ouch.

At least I'm not in school, right?  That would make it more tragic.  I guess.

Still hurts a little.

But I'm trying to be optimistic.  I got a deal on a replacement hard drive and I'm back online, and I did not lose the pics from my recent weekend outing: Yosemite National Park.  I'm giving it a partial bucket list check, because:

Did I camp in the park:  Yes indeed.

Did I hike Half Dome?  Nope.

Did I see any bears?  Not a trace.

Guess I'll have to go back again later.

Despite that, I'm proud of how much of the park we packed in, in such a short time.  We took the trip with some good friends who had also never been there.  We had such a grand time hiking and exploring around waterfalls, rafting down the Merced river, capturing shots of star trails, and checking out the gigantic Sequoia trees.



 It's a seriously beautiful place.

I seem to have caught a camping bug.  Thank goodness it's only the beginning of summer and that I have camping options nearby since I have no more spare vacation days for the rest of the year.

Now, let's talk about camping food.  I'll give you a topic: How awesome is a tin foil dinner cooked over a campfire, followed by a s'more or two?  Discuss.

3 comments:

David Chipman said...

OK. Camp food was awesome. Also, thank you to the people that left their tasty dinty moore stew for us to enjoy. That was also great. I think we can definitely make some time to go camping again. Thank goodness for the beginning of summer!

Jason and Dana said...

So......soo sad. :(
I love your travels. Thanks for making my life more exciting by knowing you.

Jen said...

How about this, how NOT awesome is camp food when you can't have a FIRE...ANYWHERE in Europe? (at least that I've found...) GRRRRR. What to eat while camping with no fire???