Sunday, May 20, 2012

And now for a local update

Wow, two posts in a day!  I'm on fire!

Just wanted to tell about some things happening around home.

David and I got to see Snow Patrol in a small LA venue.



I've seen them before and I was blown away, so I couldn't wait to take David.  Last time I saw them, they sold out a big venue in DC, so to see them play for a smaller crowd was AWESOME!  Some bands are just excellent live performers.  Some lead singers have the ability to hold the crowd in the palm of their hand.  These guys have a gift.



It helps that they just so obviously love what they are doing.



We may have been a bit on the older side among the attendees.  Do I care?  No, not really.



In other news, our home was recently deemed an ideal location for a random swarm of bees in search of a new place to build a hive.



We actually watched this happen.  If we hadn't been around to hear the buzzing of the swarm, we may not have ever realized it was there since they just all funneled into a hole in our outer wall.



Turns out, this was not their first offense.  We had a beekeeper come to relocate them.  He had to cut a hole in our outer wall to find and extract the hive - and he found remnants of a previous hive that hadn't really been cleaned up or sealed too well, which is probably why they came back.  They could smell the remnants!

This is HALF of what he found - and those little guys were only there for two days!

 

In any case, our home is once again bee-free.  Glad that was a short visit.

Other than that...look at the oranges our tree grew!!



And look at the chocolate strawberries David made me for Mother's Day!!



That is all.

4 comments:

David Chipman said...

Wow! It's been an awesome few weeks, eh? Thanks for being my partner in crime, fun, and great music! (And for introducing me to lots of new music!)

Jason and Dana said...

Wow, loved that video of Snow Patrol! That's awesome. you always happen to live in good places for concerts, don't you? I've looked at I don't know how many bands tour list and the closest any of them have come to Boise is Salt Lake. Boo.
Oranges!!!! I'm loving oranges right now. How awesome that you have a tree in your yard giving them to you.
That bee situation is cray-cray!

Leslie said...

So jealous of the Snow Patrol concert! The first time I saw them was in LA at the Troubador (I think). It was a small place and totally amazing. It was before they were big. If you were part of the old crowd, I would have been ancient. Glad you're having so much fun in L.A.!

David and Debby said...

On the bees, you should have flown Ray down there. He could have dealt with that, but you may have had a few dead ones on your hands - Vanderkill