Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wedding prep is fun. Sometimes.

Nowadays there are some advantages when it comes to preparing for a wedding that weren't necessarily available just a few years ago. Greatest of all is that we have the ever-expanding Internet, in all its social media/online vending glory. It is certainly easier to connect and find people, we can keep in touch with vendors from afar, and we can find and make purchases for items that may have otherwise just not been possible.

This convenience definitely comes with its ups and downs, as we've explored the not-yet-mature realm of online social etiquette and taken some risks when it comes to placing orders from websites we just don't know that much about.

I have now found the greatest example ever.

Behold. The beads I ordered online for the ladies:

I was unaware at the time that the vendor in question was a Chinese wholesaler - not that it matters much, as long as the beads get here in time, right?

When the package came (correctly labeled as containing 10 strings of beads), it seemed a bit light. Well, I guess something may have gotten lost in translation. Instead of the anticipated beads, I got this:

For the pictures alone, I think I'm willing to just cut my losses and move on.

7 comments:

David and Debby said...

Abby, I'm so disappointed that I didn't get in on the modeling photos.
Dad

abbynormal said...

It's only because I couldn't find you during the photo shoot. I am more than willing to add you to the mix.

Adriana said...

wait, really! 10 crazy wigs came instead of 10 beads! that's fantastic. give them to your bridesmaids, im sure theyll love them just as much!

abbynormal said...

I wish! I only got one that we had to pass around.

rebeccaV said...

Oh my gosh!! That is hilarious!

Asian Keng said...

o.m.g. this totally tops wendi's bridesmaid dresses where we ordered them from a chinese wholesaler and we got... five differently shaded 'sage green' dresses with five different designs of 'brown ribbon trim' along the bottom, not to mention they were all about three sizes too small.

But at least they were dresses.

This is AWESOME. So I assume you never got cute red beads for the ladies then...?

abbynormal said...

Eh, we gave up on ordering online. I (my mom) found a nice replacement at a local store where we had complete control over the purchase and handling of goods from start to finish. :)