Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kwaheri, Kenya

Q: Does it really seem like I was living in Kenya for two months, doing what I did and seeing what I saw?
A: No. Not yet. Maybe never.

Q: Do the pictures help to make it more real?
A: Negative.

Q: Even if I'm in it?
A: Nope.

Here is the promised "best of" slideshow of my surreal summer, from the eyes of all my roomies. It's long, so I hope you've got a few minutes. If school doesn't pick up too fast, I'll try to give you an update about the last three weeks back in the homeland soon.



Kwaheri, Kenya. I miss you.

8 comments:

Jen said...

well I miss YOU!

David and Debby said...

Doesn't seem to me you were there either, but the photos are phenomenal, and they stand as proof.
How are the feet? Are you being a compliant patient?
Dr. Dad

Jason and Dana said...

Phenomenal, good word dad. You could publish a book with those pictures. Pretty amazing Abby. Okay, more than "pretty" amazing.

Jason and Dana said...

I forgot to add, I'm in love with the children of Kwaheri, Kenya. The one that was a close-up of the little boy on the left side of the picture, blue and white stripes behind him. LOVE that picture the most.

chippy46 said...

Great photography, beautiful model, beautiful people. I love the colors and the safari pics. No doubt an experience that will remain with you the rest of your life.
JJC

abbynormal said...

For the record, "kwaheri" means goodbye.

And yes, Dad, I'm trying as hard as I can to walk as little as possible.

Jason and Dana said...

Hahaha, I was wondering why I'd never heard of the city Kwaheri before, just Mombasa. Well I'm going to miss seeing it either way.

Camille said...

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures. Hard to choose a favorite, but I think I loved the ones of the people the most. I see you are not only gifted at writing, but photography as well. What great talents to share!!