Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Break extended



I want to be sure to cover my last bit of Christmas break excitement.  School just started up again (it'll be a real interesting semester.  And I mean that in the most sincere, non-loaded sense.)  and I figure I should get all caught up before things really start picking up and I lose my chance.

I took a trip down to Broadway!  And spent some quality time with the Broadway Croshaws.  We had a grand time.  And I finally got my baby fix, thanks to cute little Asher.  You can just tell how good-natured and happy he is.  That little guy is so loved, and he just knows it.  I could see it in the smiles he graced me with.  I know that much of a baby's smiles are just the baby mimicking, but that doesn't make it any less endearing when it happens.  And in my unprofessional opinion, Asher must be getting smiled at a LOT for how quick it comes to him.  

Can't you almost read his thoughts here?  I think he's saying, "Honestly??  I'm stuck with rice cereal while you guys get to dine on this culinary masterpiece?  Man, I can't wait to grow teeth!!"
And what a talker Asher is!  I love talking to babies.  I always wonder what deep and inspiring things I'm being told by these tiny beings that are so close to God.  It wasn't so long ago that they passed through the veil.  I wonder if they're trying to tell me what it was like in the preexistence, if only they could make their mouths work to formulate the words to tell me about it.  If such words even exist in English.
Valerie and I got bonding time over her Wii.  (Sorry, no pictures.  I was too busy defeating galaxies.)  All I can say is...you can get dangerously hooked on that thing.  It's intense!  We were so into our game, she and I didn't get to do any of the stuff I thought we were supposed to do that day.  But in a way, I'm sort of glad.  I heard this theory recently that you can learn a lot about a person by the way they play video games, so I was putting it to the test by watching real close when Valerie would take her turn.  I think it's a valid theory.  I feel like I know her better now.  :o)  And besides, it gives me an excuse to go down again, so we can follow through with our original plans.

And as an aside, I got to see Matt laugh harder than I've ever seen him laugh before.  Seriously.  Ever.  Crystal was tickling him.  It was priceless.  I love her so much more, for making my brother laugh like that.

2 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

Awww, you lucky lucky girl.

Colin & Lori said...

I love the 2nd pic of Asher, his chubby cheeks and that look! You hit the nail on the head describing what he's thinking with his expression.