Friday, September 29, 2006

Ode to Concerts

Last night I stayed up too late to take part in one of my favorite forms of entertainment: a quality concert. I know I'm getting a little old for the dingy punk scene, especially when I see kids there with their parents, but I can't help myself. There's something about seeing a band live, hearing them sing all the tunes I already know...I can't get enough of it. I love the t-shirts, buttons, stickers, crowd surfing, and the people with funny clothes and haircuts. Then I started making a list of all the concerts I've been to, since I graced the DC area...

Green Day/Jimmy Eat World
The Killers
Rufio/Alkaline Trio
Weezer/Kaiser Chiefs/Foo Fighters
All-American Rejects
Brian Regan Live
Yellowcard/Mae
Coldplay/Fiona Apple
Harry and the Potters
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Eisley
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Third Day
Franz Ferdinand/Death Cab for Cutie
State Radio
Mat Kearney/Joshua Radin
Dashboard Confessional
Guster
National Symphony Orchestra playing Nintendo tunes
Jack's Mannequin/Daphne Loves Derby/Copeland/The Hush Sound

It makes my heart smile. Each is a gold mine of memories. I am a concert junkie. The end.

No comments: